Thursday, October 22, 2009

Edited Newspaper (2009-10-22)

I read the newspaper (NYT) constantly and keep track of articles that I think are worthwhile. I email the articles to myself, and when my inbox fills up with these articles (usually every week) I email them to other people, along with my own commentary, hoping that it will fuel interesting conversations. In addition to emailing them to my family, I have decided to post my so-called "Edited Newspapers" on this blog.

I realize that I have not been posting a lot lately. It's not that I haven't been writing (I actually have been writing more than I usually do) Its just that I have not been posting things here. I hope to post some of the better writings that I have done on here in the next few days so that the five of you that read my blog can enjoy/hate on what I am thinking.

Writing is all about getting your thoughts out on a piece of paper (or computer screen) and being able to share them/see them for yourself. the way I write is intended to be "stream of consciousness," direct from my brain to the paper. if my writing sucks, then my brain sucks. if my brain sucks, then i know to make my brain better. if my brain is good, then i know I'm doing something right.

ok, so here is this week's "edited newspaper"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/opinion/20brooks.html

a psychological review of WTWTA (my favorite movie of the year so far) : a movie written about my childhood daydreams


an interesting article of the fellas at pandora objectifying music and creating their "music genome project." sorry buddy, but i think i got it figured out. have fun with your formulas, ill keep listening to music at my own (blindingly fast) rate.


Bono asserts America that America is an idea, that we live for greater things and Obama is still a great leader. a beautifully written article, but then you finish it and get over the patriotic endorphin rush and realize that America (and Obama) are still greatly flawed and need to be DESTROYED (or reformed)


an article discussing and debating conceptual art's relevance, then going to examine my favorite question(s) "what is art?"/"where does it come from?" pretty interesting. debate/discuss it with me sometime.


good to know. a Mediterranean diet helps you live longer. If Sam stops cooking mediterranean food, I'll know to behave better.


definitely true! my favorite article in a while. short, concise, and confident. beautifully written as a dialogue, keeping the argument strong and blaring.


THE FUTURE BEINGS CAME BACK IN TIME TO SABOTAGE THE HARDON COLLIDER! but seriously, I have been reading about physics a lot lately and this article only further fans the flames of my science-related questions.


an article about a bunch of smart young people who will make a lot of money by figuring out and explaining how cultural brains are programmed.



This should be more than enough for you to read. Read a few of these and get back to me. I want more people to talk to me in my life. I am actually a very interesting person (intentionally of course)


-Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment